Taylor Kitsch on 'John Carter' Fallout


Let's just get to the interesting parts, shall we? In an interview with Variety Taylor Kitsch talked briefly about John Carter, the film's fallout and what he knew about the planned sequel.

On the film's negative reception: "I mean, look man, it wasn’t an uplifting experience. My biggest regret would have been if I didn’t do enough personally. If I didn’t give it everything I had. If I hadn’t prepped enough. I don’t have that regret, so that allows me to let go. I still talk to Lynn Collins almost daily. Those relationships that were born won’t be broken by people we never met."

And on the planned sequel (and pardon the language): "I miss the family. I miss Andrew Stanton. I know the second script was fucking awesome. We had to plant a grounding, so we could really take off in the second one. The second one was even more emotionally taxing, which was awesome."

I guess we'll never know how "emotionally taxing" that film was going to be (I'll bet dead Mrs. Carter is alive, well and shape shifting Super Thern!) but at least I got to give Kitsch credit for his honesty about it. For more about his upcoming projects-including tonight's HBO premiere The Normal Heart-check out http://variety.com/2014/film/news/taylor-kitsch-on-the-normal-heart-and-wanting-to-direct-1201190118/

Comments

Popular Posts