John Carter Co-Writer Gets Brave?


Here's some interesting news that has popped up. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting a director shake-up on Pixar's upcoming animated project Brave with originally slated director Brenda Chapman now exiting and being replaced by Mark Andrews. And how does this connect to John Carter of Mars? In a few ways. Andrews was the co-writer of the original script for John Carter and recently was second unit director for the film. (His other credits include working with Brad Bird on The Iron Giant and The Incredibles.) The other connection is that the film was set to open one week after John Carter's June 8, 2012 release date. I wonder if this change will push it back possibly to avoid any problems. You can read the full article at http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/pixars-brave-move-reshuffling-directors-31473 where it also talks about how Chapman was going to be the first female director helming a Pixar film.

Comments

Mike Smith said…
I found an interesting blog post discussing stereotypes in A Princess of Mars. I thought you might like to read it:

http://newspaperrock.bluecorncomics.com/2010/10/stereotypes-in-princess-of-mars.html

By the way, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the new Warlord of Mars comic book. I was surprised that John Carter hadn't even made it to Barsoom by the end of the book, but they are obviously just laying the groundwork for the rest of the series. Overall though, I really liked it a lot.

I liked the depiction of John, and the Tharks look very savage, just like I always envisioned them to be. I can't wait to see their depiction of Dejah Thoris.

Popular Posts